Rhinoplasty is a more popular surgery with each passing year. And when something becomes popular, people start consulting things on the Internet instead of word of mouth, creating important and at the same time simple questions, such as what a person in rehab should eat after a rhinoplasty.
- We should not take aspirin or similar drugs that contain the same components , both two weeks before the intervention and two weeks after
- Avoid smoking as much as possible , or not smoking directly, during the same periods as aspirin.
- It is not recommended to go to the hospital with jewelry on, clothes with buttons or painted nails. The use of comfortable and simple clothing is recommended.
- After the operation, it is advisable to drink an optimal amount of water per day, at least 2 liters. You can have juices or soft drinks without gas, although water is more recommended. Alcoholic beverages, tea and coffee should not be consumed.
- It is advisable to increase the daily dose of Vitamin C
- It is normal to experience a slight increase in temperature (38 degrees) in the first 48 hours after the operation.
- Avoid any type of high effort and sports for a minimum of three weeks.
- Under no circumstances should the compression bandage be removed in the area of the operation.
- Since it is convenient to increase vitamin C, one of the most recommended foods is Oranges, both squeezed and natural.
- It is convenient to include foods that are easy to eat and with plenty of water, such as fruits cut into thin pieces.
- The majority of the diet will consist of easy-to-chew purees and fish.
- Another part of the diet will contain large amounts of protein, white fish and any type of derivative with calcium.
- Peaches, pears, and plums are great for avoiding the usual constipation from medications.
As you can see, the variety is quite wide, and therefore I have not been able to specify in any specific food, beyond fruits for vitamin C and fiber. For the rest, on our website you can find a multitude of recipes with a simple texture, such as Creams and Purees that will allow you a slight and healthy recovery.
It is not advisable to resume the exercise routines and personalized diet that you have with us until the doctor confirms that the rehabilitation has been a success and we can no longer be conditioned.